Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Arts of the Holidays

Last night I attended the "first" opening of a most beautifully curated show, and I am honored to be included in it.  I really love how this gallery goes into Holiday Haven mode each year and manages to display the work of over 120 artists with equity and sensitivity.

I think most Etsy sellers go into wild preparations for Cyber Monday, but I do the opposite.  I take my best work of the year out of my shop and off to the Minnetonka Center for the Arts.

Last year, the sales of my work were brisk and I was very pleased!

If last night's shoulder-to-shoulder crowd was any indication, it should be another great year.





Bob Bowman and his team really do a wonderful job of staging this event, and the opening included fantastic food...

...elegantly arranged tables and flowers...

... a fabulous tree...

...and lots of really wonderful work!  I am dreadful at schmoozing and sales, so I did a little shopping myself.  I love the work of this ceramic artist, Kristine Hites.  Her shapes are so organic and appealing to me and the colors so unabashedly girly!  What a great collection!

I am also very fond of this fused glass artist, Sally Goski of Wild Rose Glass Art. 
Some of her things are "holiday specific, but not all.
I bought this tray, which I love!  I looked at a similar piece last year, and when I went back to get it, it was GONE, so this year I snapped it up immediately. 
I also loved these boot Gaiters, delightfully reminiscent of my dancing leg warmer days...

And this adorable little bag!

All of my other purchases are gifts, so I can't share further!

I mentioned that this was the first opening, because the Center for the Arts also has a location at Ridgedale Mall and that location will open on Thursday December 1st, 6-9pm.  I will likely have to put on one of my favorite pieces and shop again, benefitting what The Best Man Ever refers to as "others of my kind," as well as those friends I will be shopping for.  Happy holiday shopping to you, and I will hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful event! Festive and fun and with so much beautiful art on display. I think more and more people are becoming desirous of "handmade holidays" and if they haven't the time or inclination to make gifts themselves, it's so wonderful to have a beautiful handmade marketplace like this for their holiday shopping. (Wish we had something like it where I live!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your great excursion and wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Haute Ice Beadwork" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunday-drive_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful event to be a part of. Your bead embroidery necklace is in great company, Marsha:)) I love all the pictures, and the pottery of Kristine Hites is super cool.

    ReplyDelete