Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Daywear Pendants

I have had several nice jasper cabochons for a while, and in preparation for a holiday show jury I have finished three of them and have two others begun.  The jury closes Friday, so we'll see how many more I finish between now and then.  The first is a Rocky Butte Jasper round, which suggests a lovely little landscape, looking a bit Asian to me.   It has a delicate cluster of three bugle bead dangles, and an equally delicate bugle bead neckstrap and earrings.











The second is a long and beautiful teardrop shape.  I don't know the name of this particular Jasper,  I do love the teal in it, and that prompted me to string it with one of my favorite new Jaspers, Aqua Terra.  I used rondelles in the neckstrap and some nice drilled rectangles in the larger pair of earrings.  The browns and bronzy golds call to mind piles of fall leaves.














The third in the series is this Ocean Picture Jasper oval.  I love the multitude of golds and the wonderful spotted texture.  It reminds me of a Gustav Klimt painting.  All three feature lots of 24k gold delicas and seeds and seem elegant and subdued to me, although my treatment of this oval is a little sparkly, thanks to some Chinese crystal in the neck strap.  I've been making them all long, so they can be easily shortened to preferred lengths for buyers.


Thanks for taking a peek!

3 comments:

  1. Marsha, these are all soooooo lovely!!! You know I adore your fringe, and your treatments on these stones are just wonderful. I love everything you make - you're my beading heroine!!! I hope you have lots and lots of luck with your sales - you certainly SHOULD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! You are so sweet. I am a big fan of yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marsha! what a beautiful works...they are so lovely and perfect for Autumn (they all have fantastic color for this season)

    ReplyDelete